School of AV Integration Fundamentals
This school is an ideal introduction for individuals who are new to the audiovisual industry and would like to gain more familiarity with AV system integration. After attending this one-day school, you will be able to:
- Identify the various audiovisual components and understand their function within an AV system
- Interface together the various AV components in order to form a working audiovisual system
- Improve on gathering proper site information to help create an accurate design
- Define customer requirements in order to provide a functional system that meets your customers’ needs
- Convey relevant system design ideas to your engineering team
- Generate a more accurate quote
This program is designed for the non-technical AV person who wants to approach audiovisual solutions with higher confidence and to build a strong knowledge in integration of audiovisual technologies.
Who is Extron?
In this session, we will explain who we are, what we do, and how we operate. This will allow you to:
- Strengthen the relationship between you and Extron
- Meet your support team and learn how to get in touch with us
- Gain access to our services
- Understand what we need from you to process process and ship your sales orders and repairs
AV Components, Signals and Connectivity
A typical AV system comprises of several categories of components such as video, audio, control, and more. In this session, you will learn through an interactive building process to identify the various AV components, their signals, and how they interface together. This will allow you to identify the best solutions to meet your customers’ needs and requirements.
AV Signal Management
In this session, you will learn about the various methods and technologies for transmitting digital signals. You will gain an understanding of the scenarios and reasons to apply transmission over twisted pair, fiber optics, and IP networks in streaming applications. During this session, you will encounter some acronyms such as EDID and HDCP. These are technologies that are found when working with digital signals, and they will be explained so that you understand their overall impact on the AV system.
While AV product knowledge is essential for your function as an AV person, there are equally important factors that are also a key contributor to the success of the project. Understanding these additional factors will enable you to:
- Identify customer requirements based on user needs and budget, which will lead to a comprehensive functional scope rather than a shopping list
- Report necessary site information to help you complete an accurate design
- Define the cost component of a project, and understand how product selection can impact overall project cost and delivery timeline
AV System Solutions
In this section, you will review several case studies that are commonly found solutions derived from real-world applications. This will enable you to understand how these solutions were built based on design considerations and customer requirements.
Request a Seat
To request enrollment into School of AV Integration Fundamentals, please contact your Extron Customer Support Representative.
In-depth instruction on AV integration for non-technical AV persons
- Who is Extron?
- AV Components, Signals, and Connectivity
- AV Signal Management
- AV Environment
- AV System Solutions
Length: 1 day
Location: Offered at multiple locations throughout Australia. Call for details.